New WOAC Fundraiser
created by our own WOAC Members
To help raise much needed funds for the West Orange Arts Council so that we may continue to provide our community with dynamic and meaningful art programs, we are launching the “West Orange Community Coloring Book,” a coloring book all about West Orange that will be enjoyed by both children and adults, and is derived from photographs taken by our very own WOAC members.
Send us your best images showing life and living in West Orange and we will create a coloring book filled with the pages of your photographs
We hope to have it available for purchase at our fund raiser in October , so please send us your images no later than August 15. We plan to sell the book for $15.00 and all proceeds will go to the West Orange Arts Council.
This opportunity is open to all West Orange Arts Council members and their families (if you are under 18 , please make sure that your parent or guardian has given you permission to participate)
West Orange Film Society
2018 Classic Film FestivalSunday afternoons at 2pmat the AMC Theatre in West Orange, NJJanuary 7 Rosemary's Baby January 14 The Great Dictator January 21 Shadow of a Doubt January 28 Laurel & Hardy Double Feature: The Music Box & Way Out West February 4 Love and AnarchyFebruary 11 Black Maria Film FestivalFebruary 18 Do the Right ThingFebruary 25 Shane More info here
more information here
Sat., Feb. 24, 2018 6:30pm-8:00pm (Luna 8 PM)
Sun., Feb. 25, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm (Luna 3 PM)
Thu., Mar. 1, 2018 6:30pm-8:00pm (Luna 7:30 PM)
Fri., Mar. 2, 2018 6:30pm-8:00pm (Luna 8 PM)
Sat., Mar. 3, 2018 6:30pm-8:00pm (Luna 8 PM)
Sun., Mar. 4, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm (Luna 3 PM)
Sat., Mar. 10, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm
Sun., Mar. 11, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm
Sat., Mar. 17, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm
Sun., Mar. 18, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm
Sat., Mar. 24, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm
Sun., Mar. 25, 2018 2:00pm-4:00pm
HEIDI SANFILIPPO WorkshopDetails to follow
Call for Artists West Orange Arts Council Art from the Heart 2018
April 7, 2018- May 20, 2018
Guidelines for Submission
1. Delivery: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 9:00 am, 551 Valley Rd., West Orange, NJ2. Up to 3 items per artist-no storage available. 2-D only. WIRED FOR HANGING! No sawtooth hangers.
3. Maximum size 26” x 36” (rectangle) or 30” x 30” (square)
4. Maximum price $500
5. Open to both WOAC members and non-members.
6. Entry fee: $15 members / $35 non-members / $35 new members (join at drop off) (cash or check payable to WOAC only) WOAC commission is 25% of all sales
7. Pick up date: Sunday, May 20, 3:00-4:00 pm, 551 Valley Rd., West Orange, NJ
8. Attached are a label sheet and a loan agreement. Please cut out labels and attach to the back of your piece. One label and inventory number per piece. Bring loan agreement (filled out to match the labels) when artwork is dropped off.
9. Please send an email to Lisa Suss, WOAC Exhibition Director to indicate your participation firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information.
The organ inside the chest that sends the blood around the bodyThe center of a person’s personality, intuition and feelingThe shape used to represent the heart, esp. as a symbol of loveThe central, most important partWe ♥ the West Orange Arts Council!
Opening Reception: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:00 - 7:00 pm
West Orange Arts Center, 551 Valley Road, West Orange, NJ 07052
An artist’s presence connects us to our community and is a crucial part of exhibit operations. Artists must volunteer at least one session at the West Orange Arts Center during gallery hours. Sign up here www.woarts.org